Search results

1. 8

TRD 2-way to swap deal

My car currently has a TRD mechanical 2-way LSD (so I was told) fitted and I'm chasing a factory LSD. Mine is too harsh and clunky for what I want. When the car was being built I wanted a factory one but the guy only had the TRD unit. My diff centre needs an overhaul as the bearings are gone in...
  2. 8

The importing and compliance experience.

I noticed a thread asking about importing an AE86 from Japan. So to help anyone else out who might be thinking of this I thought I'd do a write up on the whole process from start to finish while I'm going through the compliance of my own car now. I'll cover the time frame, costs and what's...
  3. 8

Engine build questions: Megasquirt ECU and conrod/pistons.

Hi guys, I've started collecting parts for my engine build and I'm trying to decide which conrods to use. I've spoken to my mate (the lucky guy to build the engine) a bit about it and we've decided to do a budget build and no go silly with the engine. The base engine is a 4AGE bigport. The...
  4. 8

Matt's AE85

Hi all, I thought I'd just like to share my car. It's an AE85 with an original 25,400km. Started out as an automatic and I had the car built up to my specs in Japan. Now it runs a 86 running gear. Mostly standard apart from the exhaust and the TRD 2-way LSD. It has lowered suspension but I...
  5. 8

AE86/4AG/4AC parts needed!

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm chasing a few parts I really need for my car. They are as follows: *RHS front guard for AE86. I don't care if it's scratched, dented etc. I'm really only in need of the lower section that bolts to the car near the driver's side door...