6" Front Speakers in an 86, How have you done it?

PRIMRK

Dec 20, 2009
Ive just got around to sticking an el-cheepo head unit in the sprinter so i have some music when i drive but im trying to figure the neatest and best way of installing some 6" speakers in the front doors without butchering the door cards (or at least keep the butchering to a minimum)

I would have to say that some one has a nice neat setup in their car if you could post up pics and if you have used speaker pods who makes them or what are they out of.

Cheers

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
there is only 2 options. cut up your door cars or cut up your door cards.

you can buy some of those speaker mounts but unfortunately the door cards start to come off the mounting tabs, and they will either get in the way of the accelerator pedal or will get smashed on the side of the seat. the first time i mounted mine at the back of the door and i had to cut a hole to fit them, but had to be careful shutting the door as it would hit on the seat adjustment.
also it the screws tore through the door cars like paper in a couple of days.

sotiros860

Apr 11, 2008
Wollongong
Why not just stick with 4" speakers in the dash? My car has no sound deadening, and they still sound fine, and it leaves the interior looking a lot cleaner.

sootie

Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle NSW
My paj has stock mitsu speaks up front 5" rear and 12" sub with ok HU, sounds alright.

On another note hurray for twist and tape....