adams cooking show!! yaaaaaaaaaayy!!

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
im going to attempt to put up reciepes and things i have cooked at least once a day.

the HR sub (or FSB sub, depends on what forum you read this on)

ingredients:
woolies sizzle steaks
chicken
cheese
nandos peri peri marinade (not sauce, MARINADE)
half baguette (i prefer woolies bakery ones, have used coles and bakers delight as well)
green stuff

first up get 3-4 sizzle steaks out and place them in a bowl andpour on a generous amount of NANDO's PERI PERI marinade.
make sure you mix the steaks around and coat them well with the marinade

so let that sit for a few minutes while you sort the other stuff out.
i sliced up some cheese, and cut open the baguette LENGTHWAYS.
add the sliced chicken in first. this is important, always put in the uncooked meat first so the break doesnt become soggy and fall apart.
you dont have to use chicken (i just had that available), i have also used ham, and you could add bacon as well.

now cook your steaks in a fry pan or BBQ. i used a fry pan and they only take about 60 secs each side, but make sure your fry pan is very hot to seal in everything.

then once cooked i put them back into the bowl with the marinade and take it back to my sub.

now, use fingers or tongs and fold steaks over and shove into sub on top of the chicken. make sure you poke it down well, then add the cheese on top (so it melts a bit) and green stuff on top of that.
you could add tomato, capsicum, red onion, fry some brown onion in the same pan as the steaks, avocado... any sort of plant material you like really.

once finished you should end up with something like this:

now all you have to do is smash it into your face, maybe add a beer on the side or some other cool beverage. and those of you adverse to chilli the marinade once cooked is not very hot at all (i almost had to wrestle my sub back of lisa at one stage) and adds a much needed flavour to the sammich.

turn69up

Jan 22, 2009
brisbane
you put the steaks back in the marinade???? becarful not so bad with beef but defs dont do that with chicken and pork

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
turn69up said:
you put the steaks back in the marinade???? becarful not so bad with beef but defs dont do that with chicken and pork
yeh, my thought also lol...

atleast use fresh marinade...

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
Pat said:
ooooooh can we, and by we i mean me, add awesomeness to this page?
go for it pat, im always open to guest spots!

ok todays receipe.

DRUNKEN STEAK
this is one i keep close to my chest and its very, very good!!

ingredients
steak
200ml of beer (ive different beers everytime ive made this and each beer makes it take slightly different in a good way)
70ml of worchestershire sauce
70ml tomato sauce/ketchup

additional:
good teaspoon of paprika
couple cloves of garlic
basil
oregano
tabasco (ive not added it before)

how:
add beer, worchestershire, tomato sauce, garlic, paprika and herbs to a bowl or dish and mix together thoroughly.
then add you steak or steaks. allow to marinate for at least 30mins or if you want over night in the fridge.

fire up BBQ and cook with a high heat and baste steak with remaining marinade as it cooks.
cook to desired amount (rare, medium, well done etc) and then smash that into your face with some baked potatoes, some sort of greenstuff with bacon in it and beverage of your choice.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
and todays reciepe is another semi regular at my house when no one is home for dinner:

CHEATS CALZONE

ingredients

puff pastry cut into a round.
pizza cheese
jar of pasta sauce (whatever is on special)
egg wash (1 egg, tablespoon of milk beathen together)

FILLINGS
recently i used:
cherry tomatoes
boconccini
capsicum
salami
chicken
ham
avocado
red onion
chorizo
bacon
fetta
left over chilli con carne
tobasco

you can pretty much put whatever you want in it...

HOW
pre heat oven to 180*C.
if you woman or new to eating, get a bowl or plate and place over sheet of pastry and cut out a circle or round. if your a man dont bother cutting out a circle just fold it over diagonally at the end.
** VERY IMPORTANT**place pastry on baking paper or grease proof paper **/VERY IMPORTANT** on a baking tray and allow to thaw while you cut up fillings
take a good tablespoon or 2 of the pasta sauce, and spread evenly across 1 HALF OF THE PASTRY, leaving about a centimetre or 2 from the edge.

added your pizza cheese on top of the sauce, and pile fillings in and make sure to spread them out a bit so they cook evenly. try not to put to much in as it you may have trouble folding it over and sealing it.

so once filled, paint along the edges of your pastry with the egg wash. then take the un-sauced side and fold it up and over the fillings and bring it to the other edge. using a fork, press down the joined edges together so they seal with the egg wash acting as a sort of glue.

once all sealed up, paint the top of the pastry and any other upward facing pastry with the remaining egg wash (no need to soak it, just be liberal with it) and then place in the oven.

bake in the oven at 180*C for 15-20mins or until golden brown on top.

pull out of the oven and move over to plate (you'll see now that by putting baking paper on the baking tray it wont stick to the tray) and then smash that into your face while watching TV and with beverage of your choice..

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
todays reciepe CHICKEN IN PYJAMAS (parmagiana)

now this is one i got off the internet and its fucking brilliant!
just remember to use baking paper again (other wise they stick) on your baking tray and grab a store bought jar of pyjama sauce.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/23750/avocado+chicken+parmigiana

the best way i found to flatten the chicken is get 2 decent sizes bit of glad wrap and place chicken in the middle and smash it flat with a heavy pan or rolling pin (have used fists in place of either when they couldnt be found).
flatten it out to about 1.5-2cm thick, you dont want it too thick and you dont want it too thin.

also in the oven turn over them after first 5-10 mins (depending on your oven), then put your sauce, ham and cheese on top and put it back in and let it cook until all the cheese is melted and brown on top.

i usually have mash potatoes with this, but you could have chips or baked potatoes if you want. then just smash that into your face and add beverage of your choice.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
i havent updated in couple of days, and its friday so in honour of this momentus occasion WE ARE HAVING RIBS!!

firstly you want some AMERICAN STYLE ribs, thats the big racks all linked together. you will need to find a deent butcher or wholesale butcher for this as often a lot of them dont carry them.
right so once you have them you need something to marinate them with!

so i will have 3 for you today, drunken ribs, sticky and spicy and garlic cajun ribs.

first up DRUNKEN RIBS
this came about after i got some for lisa birthday BBQ last year and realised that the normal drunken steak mixture was a bit thin for rbs to work well.
so what you do is take your normal drunken steak marinade (as listed above) and put it into a pot or pan and cook it down slowly, so its a thick almost BBQ sauce consistancy. because there is going to be a lot of sugers in it, you dont want to get it too sticky otherwise you end up with a toffee, and taste it often as you may need to add things like salt or other seasoning (i didnt, infact it concentrated most of the flavours when cooked down).
once you have something thats not to thick and not too thin, pour it all over your ribs and get them well coated and let it sit for around 30mins.

now fire up the BBQ and get it hot, you dont need it hotter than the fires of hell but a good medium high setting (may require fires hotter than hell depending on BBQ) and if you have a lid on the BBQ all the better.
either lay the full racks on the BBQ or if you cut them in half arrange them around evenly (you may have to move some around to hotter parts of the BBQ and other in the hotter part to cooler so they all cook evenly) and paint them regularly with the DRUNKEN sauce.
you see when they are cook as the will be firm to the touch and not as flexible any more, once they are cooked cut them up in lots of 2 and stick them on a big plate so people can smash them into their faces as they please, add your favourite beverage possibly while watching some sort of sporting event on TV with your mates.

these are 2 other reciepes i have made which are awesome! if you follow the instructions above, just replace DRUNKEN sauce with sticky and spicy or garlic cajun.

STICKY AND SPICY RIBS
http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/2286/sticky-and-spicy-barbecued-ribs.aspx

GARLIC CAJUN RIBS
this reciepe calls for cooking them in boiling water first, fuck that shit off, coat them then straight on the BBQ and cook them on the shelf or over direct flame.
http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/11092/garlic-cajun-ribs.aspx

evil86

Apr 25, 2007
Liverpool
vote YES, if you think adam should make some of this wicked food for our next annual.. killer stuff adam can i marry you

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
last few weekends i have been knocking up breakfast for the misses normally something along these lines

also mate at work has been smashing the workshop pancakes for some reason they are so tasty when you are at work ha ha