Low bottom mount seat rails

X_christ0n

Mar 29, 2008
LiVerpool, NSW
whose running Dc2 seats? IM SICK OF HOW HIGH MY RAILS ARE!! =[ i swear everytime i take a corner its like ima fly out the window i cant see the speedo my knee hits the steering wheel when i flick it =[ makes me regret swapping from stock. Im just running some Nz something i cant member the name Mounting Brackets and the Just jap universal Rails im pretty desperate ill take any advice =[. i cant take the cushion out because itll look like a beach chair as all it has under the coushion is straps id be happy even if they were just stock seat height but like i hit my head on the roof now this is ridiculous =[. sorry if i dont make sense thats just how frustrated i am

X_christ0n

Mar 29, 2008
LiVerpool, NSW
you mean just bolt it straight to the brackets =[ thatd actually would be perfect but then i cant adjust the seat front and back anymore (obviously lol) i wish i had some fabricating skills

Richard

Dec 9, 2007
Central Coast
X_christ0n said:
you mean just bolt it straight to the brackets =[ thatd actually would be perfect but then i cant adjust the seat front and back anymore (obviously lol) i wish i had some fabricating skills
haha im a boilermaker by trade and really mate it aint that hard if i can do it.

X_christ0n

Mar 29, 2008
LiVerpool, NSW
lolz trust me if you let me make my own rails i wont even get the chance to sit in them as soon as i bolt them up my hachi willl disintegrate HAHAHA! ive got an idea tho on what i wanna make =] my universals are thin and tall and theres nuts that space the seat even further up to protect the fabric from the teeth in the rail.

so i wanna make a short and fat rail and where the teeth bits are i wanna cover it with a thin metal piece plans still a bit skitchy hahahaha i just need to see what i need

Richard

Dec 9, 2007
Central Coast
JDMitch said:
richard: what did u have to fabricate to modify rails and make them not too high?
Id have to look at the rails. Mostly ive been able to cut the brackets of that bolt to the floor and weld some new ones on that are shorter be careful tho make sure u cut same amount off each side and shorten it the same length otherwise you will sit lop sided