The Daily Spam Thread - Talkin' sh*t since 2010

Eircamae86

Sep 11, 2008
Toowoomba QLD
Anyone going to this,

Posted it in the QLD events section, but realistically nobody would ever think of looking there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/6191...7838/?source=1

Pedders Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ Mega Meet #3 is on!
* Queensland Raceway
* Sunday Aug 10th
* 8am-5pm
Bring your 86, BRZ or AE86 to:
* get on track
* join the photo shoot and turn 6 display
* get 2 for 1 entry to the Shannons Nationals and Australian Manufacturers Championship event weekend * WIN performance prizes thanks to our sponsors!

REGISTER NOW: kat@cimamedia.com.au or 0421 962 571

Entries close 5 August, so join up and help us make this the biggest on track gathering of 86s/BRZs in Australia, possibly in the Southern Hemisphere! Let's make more Toyota history!

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
I don't really want to make a build thread for this because I don't pick it up until I get back to Australia in october but I bought one of these this morning.

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
it was really weird. I'm on another deployment to the middle east and the mrs told me months ago that when I get back I can buy another motorbike. then out of the blue last week she was saying how she doesn't think I would use it that much and that I should get a car instead.

thinking she was in some sort of dream state I had to double check that she wasn't screwing with me. then I called up a few dealerships to see who had one of the last few remaining blacklines and put down a deposit.

I'm still waiting for the catch. shes up to something. and I'm sure its big

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
basically its built on a GTS model with trd body kit, new wing, black and red leather interior and black wheels.
I never liked it at first when I saw a photo but in person I love it. and it was 8k cheaper than a GTS model

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
So I've just clocked 5000km on the new 86 in the last 6 weeks and it's all going well so far. I've only had the windows tinted and added a headunit that has android auto on it to make life easier.

Since we moved to Sydney for the Mrs work there is no room in our garage so it parks here

After driving one with a small turbo I'm in love with the idea of adding some boost. Currently looking for a twin scroll equal length manifold and will be using a borgwarner efr turbo.

I was originally looking at the hks supercharger but leaning more towards a turbo.

I definitely don't want huge power. The one I drove had 240hp and that is all you realistically need in this chassis

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
Does anyone know of any HR banner stickers laying around? Would love to get one for the windscreen. Black with grey HR logo would be great

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
I bought these number plates when I was 17 (12 years ago) and I didn't even own a car yet. Tonight I finally put them on after getting my car back from the body shop where they fixed alot of hail damage.

Also wired in a defi advance ad